Verification of Employment
Verification of employment information may be reported in several ways. Choose the most convenient option from the following list:
- Online submission through this website
- You must first request an account. Once you have received your user ID and password, you may begin reporting your employment verifications online.
- This application may be used for reporting a few employees
- When reporting online, the employer can select from a list or use the Form Sequence Number (FS#) located in the top left corner of the hardcopy form mailed to them.
- File uploads through the Internet
- You must first request an account.
- Use the required TXT file layout or the required Excel spreadsheet template. Both of these layouts allow the user to report for a single employer or for multiple employers on one file as well as multiple employees.
- Contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442 to request technical assistance with the file layout.
- Employers may upload their employment verification reports through our Data Transfer System. Upload Instructions are available.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Use the required TXT file layout.
- Contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442 to request technical assistance in implementing the FTP of employment verifications.
- Mail a hardcopy of one of the following types of Verification of Employment information
- Employers can respond to the Verification of Employment letter (VOE) manually by completing the agency’s Verification of Employment form (example of Form 2F002) and mailing it to the following address:
- Another method of responding is to generate a company form with the specific employment information required and attach it to the OAG agency VOE form.
- Complete the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) standard Verification of Employment (VOE) form released January 1, 2011. The standard response form is voluntary and provides the essential information that states need in order to establish and /or modify child support orders.
Information should be submitted to the following address:
Office of the Attorney General Central File Maintenance P. O. Box 12048 Austin, TX 78711-2048
For additional assistance, contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442.
Please Select a Topic