Skip to main content
Employers:  The Medical Support Online application will be temporarily unavailable from 7:00 pm on Friday, April 25, 2014 until 7:00 am Saturday, April 26, 2014.
 Child Support Interactive (CSI) Home   Custodial Parent Login   Noncustodial Parent Login 
 Child Support Services   Apply for Services 

Application: Custodial Parent with Order

The Office of the Attorney General’s Child Support Division (IV-D program) helps people get child support and medical support for dependent children. We want to help you, so it is very important that you understand the services offered.

Click here for a checklist of information you can gather to make this process go faster for you.

We can attempt to... We cannot...
  • locate a noncustodial parent
  • establish paternity of a child born out of wedlock
  • establish and enforce child support orders
  • establish and enforce medical support orders
  • enroll children in health insurance plans
  • review and modify child support orders
  • collect child support through income withholding, income tax refund intercept, and contempt of court hearings
  • guarantee that our attempts to establish or enforce child or medical support will be successful
  • always take action in every case
  • handle matters that are not permitted by child support program laws, such as divorce, visitation, and custody disputes
  • give your case priority over the many other cases we handle; priority is based on the information you provide

Distribution of Child Support Payments

All child support payments are made through the Texas State Disbursement Unit (SDU). The law requires this. The SDU promptly records and forwards your child support payment to you. A payment may be late if we do not have your current address. Please keep us informed if you change your address.

If you ever received public assistance, your case record may show there is money owed to the state. We may keep a portion of any payment of past-due support to repay the state.

If you and/or your child(ren) begin receiving Medicaid, you give your rights to medical support payments to the state. This means that we send any regular medical support payments that we collect to the Medicaid agency.

If the noncustodial parent lives in another state, that other state may charge you fees for its services. Those fees may be deducted from any child support money collected.

Social Security Numbers

We need social security numbers (SSNs) for case processing. SSNs may be released for various purposes (as permitted under the Code of Federal Regulations Part 45 and the Texas Family Code), including the following:

  • searching other computer systems for information on the noncustodial parent
  • submitting the case for federal and state income tax refund offset
  • enrolling children in health insurance plans

IRS Income Tax Refund Intercept Information

We send cases with past-due child support to the Internal Revenue Service for income tax refund intercept. To use this process, the following conditions must exist:

  • We must have the noncustodial parent’s correct social security number.
  • The noncustodial parent must be at least $500 behind in child support payments if public assistance was not provided or $150 if public assistance was provided.

If money is owed to the state from any public assistance your child(ren) received, we keep the intercept and first repay the state. After the state debt is paid, any money left is sent to you. We can collect money only if the noncustodial parent is getting an income tax refund. Federal law permits states to hold certain IRS intercepts for 180 days. The Child Support Division holds such payments.

Family Violence and Non-Disclosure of Information

We share your address and other identifying information with other state and federal agencies. We share this information only for child support reasons. The information may become available to the noncustodial parent. Contact us immediately

  • if your case information should not be given out because of family violence and/or
  • if going through the child support process poses a threat to you or your child(ren).

Family violence is defined as one member of a family or household using physical force against another member of the family or household. Family violence may also include threats that cause a person to be afraid for his or her safety.

Information You Need to Know

  • We require your cooperation.
  • After you complete and return the application to us, do not accept any child support payments directly from the noncustodial parent. If you receive money directly from the local registry or the noncustodial parent, notify our office immediately.
  • You must notify us in writing or by using this web site if you wish to cancel our services.
  • We cannot close your case if there are amounts owed to the state or if there are pending legal actions. Once the money owed to the state is paid or the legal action is resolved, we can cancel services.
  • To receive services from the Office of the Attorney General, State of Texas, Child Support Division, the applicant or one of the involved parties must reside in Texas or there must be an existing Texas order.
  • Custodial parents who receive full-service monitoring and enforcement services, and whose cases are not current or former TANF or foster care, will pay a $25 fee each year that at least $500 in child support is collected. The fee will be automatically deducted from the child support payment.

Enforcement Cases

If a legal order for child support already exists, we can work your case more quickly if you provide us with the following documents:

  • a completed Application for Services with as much locate information as you can provide, including the noncustodial parent’s current work and/or home address
  • an Affidavit of Direct Payments listing all payments received directly from the noncustodial parent
  • a copy of each court order for child support

Note: The District Clerk may charge a fee for making copies of the court orders. We will obtain any necessary documents if it is impossible for you to obtain them.

Download the following document before you continue. This document must be signed by you and a Notary Public. Our offices have Notaries Public available who can notarize the affidavit at no charge. You will need to provide appropriate identification. You will then need to ensure the notarized form is provided to the child support office listed on the previous page.

Privacy Act Notice

Disclosure of your social security number and the social security numbers of your children is required by federal law [42 USC 666]. Failure to disclose this information may result in the denial of child support services. The Child Support Division will use these social security numbers for the purpose of establishing and enforcing support for you and your family.

Texas Government Code 559 gives you the right to review and request correction of information on the application.

To Proceed

If you are ready to complete the form at this time, click here to begin.