Skip to main content
 Child Support Interactive (CSI) Home   Custodial Parent Login   Noncustodial Parent Login 
 Child Support Services   Apply for Services 

Frequently Asked Questions

General Information

  1. What can Child Support Interactive (CSI) do for me?

    You may access information regarding your case, such as the payment record, case status, court dates, and specific case information.

  2. I'm a custodial parent. What information do I need to access my case information using CSI?

    You will need your eight digit customer identification number (CIN) and the last four digits of your social security number.

  3. What do I do if I don't know my customer identification number?

    Use the Request CIN form. Your CIN will be mailed to you at the address on file.

  4. I am a noncustodial parent. How can I get payment information online?

    Go to the CSI home page and click Login. As a noncustodial parent, you will need your eight digit member ID number and your entire social security number.

  5. What do I do if I don't know my member ID number?

    You may call the child support office for your member ID number, and it will be mailed to you at the address on file.

  6. What does “custodial parent” (CP) and “noncustodial parent” (NCP) mean?

    The custodial parent is the parent who has primary care, custody, and control of the child(ren). The noncustodial parent is the parent who does not have primary care, custody, and control of the child(ren) and has an obligation to pay child support. Refer to the Acronym and Glossary page for other common abbreviations and their meanings.

  7. Where do I send my child support payment?

    Texas State Disbursement Unit (SDU)
    PO Box 659791
    San Antonio, TX 78265-9791

    To ensure that you are credited with the payment, make sure that the following information is on your check or money order:

    • your name
    • your 10 digit case number
    • your cause number — the identification number found on the court case that establishes the child support order
    • custodial parent’s name

  8. Does the Texas OAG child support office enforce visitation orders?

    No. Legislation does not allow the child support office to enforce or handle visitations. However, you may get additional information from the Child Support web site:

  9. What is the Affidavit of Direct Payments?

    The Affidavit of Direct Payments (ADP) is used to document child and medical support payments (in any form) made directly to the custodial parent (CP) by the noncustodial parent (NCP), including payments received in the form of cash or check or from a military allotment, trust fund or escrow account. This excludes payments made through a county registry or state disbursement unit (SDU). You may access the Affidavit of Direct Payment from the Child Support Web site.

  10. How do I change my address?

    You may change your address by using the change of address form on the Child Support Interactive (CSI) or call your local child support office.

  11. My name has changed. How do I change my name on my account?

    Please call the child support office that is handling your case.

  12. My child support payment may be subject to an annual service fee or a monthly SDU fee. How do I find out more information about fees?

    Please click on the Fee Frequently Asked Questions link for additional information