CSI Important Notices
CSI Mobile is the mobile version of the Child Support Interactive (CSI) website. For the convenience of our customers, the following actions can be performed from a mobile phone or tablet:
- View Recent Payments
- View Payment Balances (Arrears)
- View Case Status and Pending Legal Actions
- Generate and View Payment Records
- Generate and View Income Verification Forms (Custodial Parents only)
- Send Case Questions
2. MALWARE ALERT!
ALERT: Information security is a top priority for the Office of the Attorney General – Child Support Division. Please be aware that as part of our ongoing review of information security trends and current events, we have become aware of a “Pony Loader Malware/Trojan” threat, which, if present on a personal, work, or public computer, has the ability to steal stored credentials, including Child Support Interactive (CSI) Login IDs and passwords. The Pony Malware typically infects end-user systems and could potentially steal credentials to any system accessed from the infected computer, including online banking, e-payment systems, and debit or credit cards.
What should you do:
- Ensure that current anti-malware software is installed and running on your computer.
- If malware is detected on your computer, clean the infected computer, otherwise the problem continues.
- Change passwords to accounts after cleaning the infected computer. A unique Login ID and password should be used for all financial accounts.
3. "Find a Location" Interactive Map
How close is help with your child support case? Only a click away! Access our new "Find a location" map to locate your closest child support location by zip code or city and get driving directions. You can visit any of our locations statewide to get assistance with your case. Click on the "Find a Location" link below to get started!
Find a Location
4. Important Safety Information
If you have concerns about you or your child(ren)'s safety, there are some protections available in the child support process. Please visit our Information for Survivors of Family Violence Frequently Asked Questions web page.
5. Preferred Method of Contact (PMC)
The Attorney General of Texas Child Support Division can send you electronic reminders of court hearings and appointments via email, text message, or voice messages. Additional enhancements such as notices of payments received will be added at a later date. Please call 1-800-252-8014 and speak to a representative to update your preferred method of contact, or log in and send us a "Case Question" and we'll email you the information required to update it for you!